Monday, July 6, 2009

Letters of Security

Is it just me or does anyone else have a heck of time trying to recreate those letters of security you are asked to type before you can enter certain websites. The instructions seem so clear - type the letters you see in the box above. Yah! Right! The letters are fuzzy, run together, are excessively skewed, spell no word known to English-speaking man and are NEVER what you think you are seeing in the box above. It invariably takes me at least four different tries and sometimes more, before the gatekeeper deems I have suffered enough and allows me onto the page. And that is only when I am absolutely determined that I MUST be there. Often I just throw in the towel, admit I will never grasp the correct letters and go look for a more hospitable website.

1 comment:

  1. You're not alone. Everyone hates them. Especially me, as I'm commenting on well over 200 blogs per week... Imagine having to do it 200+ times?!

    Gah!

    ReplyDelete